Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
At SERVPRO of Mobile County, we understand that even a minor water damage in your home can feel like a disaster. You want help and you want it fast! That is why we have systems in place to ensure that you receive the fastest response when a water loss strikes your home. Our first responders will arrive onsite to assess the damage within in one hour and we will have crews working to make it “Like it never even happened,” within three hours. Here in the Mobile area we are no strangers to flooding. Whether it be a simple summer storm or a tropical system, we have seen it all and SERVPRO of Mobile County has been Here to Help®. Our experience combined with our highly trained IICRC Certified team and cutting-edge technologies means that we provide the best service available to our customers. If you experience water damage in your home give us a call at 251-343-0534!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (251) 343-0534
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.