Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
No matter how diligent you are, or how many precautions you take mold may still find its way into your home. Finding mold can be alarming and you may want to start tackling the issue right away; however, mold remediation is not a DIY task. If you find mold in your home, there are steps you can take to prevent further damage.
- First, you should stay out of affected areas. Disturbed mold spores may be irritating. Some people are especially sensitive to mold and can have more severe reactions than others.
- Next, turn off the HVAC systems and fans right away to prevent the distribution of mold spores to other areas of your home.
- Your next step should be to contact SERVPRO of Mobile County to schedule an inspection with one of our IICRC Certified Applied Microbial Remediation Specialists.
Our experts have undergone extensive training to evaluate your mold issues and develop a customized treatment plan catered to your unique situation. If you suspect a mold issue in your home, contact us at 251-343-0534 to schedule your inspection.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (251) 343-0534
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Mobile County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Mobile County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Grand Bay
- Bayou La Batre
- Mount Vernon
- Dauphin Island