“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Did you know mold growth can begin in less than 48 hours following a water damage? Many factors can influence the rate at which the growth begins. Here in Mobile and all along the Gulf Coast, we have an environment that is the perfect storm when it comes to mold. High heat, along with high humidity and extended periods of wet weather make the perfect breeding ground. Mold comes in many colors and forms, but it is all biologically the same structure. Mold is made up of tiny spores that bind together to create colonies. At SERVPRO of Mobile, we are IICRC Certified in Mold Remediation. Our team has the training, the technology and the specialized equipment necessary to quickly and safely treat your mold issue. If you think you may have a mold problem, contact us today to schedule an inspection.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (251) 343-0534
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (251) 343-0534
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Mobile County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: