COVID-19 and the Holidays
As we move into the holiday season, celebrations may look a little different this year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. So, how can you enjoy time with family and loved ones while protecting yourself and keeping them safe from the threat of Coronavirus? The CDC suggests scaling down get togethers to allow room for social distancing. Spacing apart place settings at the dinner table and leaving a seat in between those who gather is one suggestion. Another recommendation is to move your festivities to outdoor locations whenever possible. Here are some more tips from the CDC to consider when planning:
- Community – Holding get togethers in communities with high infection rates raises the chances of infection.
- Location – In addition to going outdoors when possible, make sure that indoor locations have good ventilation. Opening doors or windows is one way to improve air flow.
- Duration – Gathering for a longer length of time poses more of a risk.
- Numbers – In addition to holding longer gatherings, the more people that are present increase the risks.
- Travel – If people are traveling from areas with high COVID-19 rates, there is a greater likelihood that they could unknowingly carry the virus.
As with everything, you should be informed and make the best decision for you regarding holiday plans. Keep in mind that everyone taking precautions to prevent the spread of the virus is our best defense. It is also recommended that you still continue to follow the guidelines of wearing a mask, washing hands frequently and maintaining social distance even at a family gathering. To learn more you can visit the CDC website by CLICKING HERE. At SERVPRO of Mobile County, we are always her to help with cleaning and disinfection through our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Services. Give us a call at 251-343-0534 for more information.