Common Types of Carpet Damage
You can see here that the glue adhering the back of the carpet has come loose allowing it to separate from the carpeting.
Home carpeting is a big investment and it requires regular maintenance and care to keep it looking (and smelling) its best. Pets, kids and typical wear and tear can take its toll. It is important that you call an IICRC Certified Company like SERVPRO of Mobile County to come out and perform regular cleanings. Our Certified Carpet Cleaning Technicians have the knowledge and training to provide outstanding results. We recommend that you get your carpets cleaned at least once a year, or every 6 months for high-traffic, high-soil areas. When trying to keep your carpet in the best shape possible, it is also extremely important to understand the most common causes of carpet damage:
- Stains – From red wine and juice boxes to oil and ink, there are a million different ways your carpeting can get stained. It is important to address spotting as quickly as possible and use solutions for the specific type of stain.
- Burns – Although most carpet burns are the result of careless smokers, falling irons are also a common cause of damage. It is important to avoid ironing over carpet. Once carpeting is burned, the only solution is to cut out the affected area and replace it.
- Bulging and Rippling – This is a common issue for older carpeting and occurs when the carpeting is no longer pulled tight. You should call a qualified carpeting expert to come in and re-stretch your carpets.
- Tufting – This is when loose fibers are stretched out and may be longer than the rest of the carpet fibers. Resist the urge to pull on the fiber and simply clip with scissors.
The best way to protect your carpets is to prevent damage from occurring. Although all carpeting has a limited lifespan, following proper maintenance guidelines can help you significantly extend the life of your carpet.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Mobile County today at 251-343-0534 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Textile Cleaning with Esporta Washing System
The Esporta washing system allows us to clean up to 99.9997% of contaminants from soft contents after a fire or water damage.
Did you know SERVPRO of Mobile one of the only restoration companies along the Gulf Coast to offer the Esporta washing system? This revolutionary machine works of a 4-quadrant designs that holds textiles and soft contents securely in place. Water and a customized blend of cleaning solutions are pushed through the quadrants flushing out contaminants. The Esporta machine can safely and effectively treat contents affected by soot, sewage, and even mold. And it's not just for textiles. We have effectively cleaned a wide range of soft contents including leather goods, shoes, hats, stuffed animals and even porcelain dolls. Of course, many of these items can't be dried in your standard dryer. We designed and built a custom drying chamber that is based on the same principals used for drying water damage. Items are placed in an enclosed space while temperature and humidity are kept at optimal levels to pull the moisture out.
Green Cleaning in Mobile, AL
Spring is means it’s time for the heavy duty scrubbing that we have neglected over the past few months. Do you dread the thought of all that cleaning? Maybe you don't know how to best clean certain areas or you don't have the proper tools to do the job. Whatever the case don't forget that green means clean! Let SERVPRO of Mobile County wipe your worries away and get your home or office in tip top shape to kick off the summer season. And you can rest assured that all of our cleaning methods are effective and safe for you, your home and our environment. When we say GREEN CLEANING, we aren’t just talking about the color of our uniforms! We will make it, "Like it never even happened."